Pages

Friday 13 December 2019

Quick book review

Hi everyone! Today I'm going to talk about a book I recently finished, A Series of Unfortunate Events book number 6, Ersatz elevator by Lemony Snicket. I started this book series since the end of last year and the books are also made into a movie and a Netflix original TV show.
This book series is about the story of the Baudelaire orphans after their parents and home burned down in a fire, it follows their story from the start when they were put in the care of Count Olaf, an evil man who only wants their enormous fortune that was left by the Baudelaire's parents before they died. The eldest Baudelaire, Violet, will get the fortune once she becomes of age, before then they were placed in care of a lot of people but everywhere they went it seemed like treachery was around. This book is about the Baudelaire orphans newest guardian, Esme Gigi Genevieve Squalor and her husband Jerome Squalor. They live on 667 Dark Avenue in the penthouse apartment, Esme is the 6th most important financial adviser and is unbelievably wealthy. In the previous  book "The Austere Academy" their friends the Quagmires triplets, Duncan and Isadora, were kidnapped by Count Olaf, The Quagmires like the Baudelaire's have an enormous fortune but in the form of the famous Quagmire Sapphires after their parents died in a fire which also took the life of their triplet Quigley Quagmire. This book also focuses on the Baudelaire Orphans looking for the the Quagmire triplets also while looking out for Count Olaf.
Will the Orphans find their friends?
Will Count Olaf find them?
Read the book to find out more:)

Have you ever read A Series of Unfortunate Events?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.