Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2020

T2 W7 Writing

Hi everyone! This week my writing goal was " Use “show not tell” when appropriate". We learnt about adding extra adjectives or adding metaphors in our writing so that when somebody reads it they get a visual image in their head of that scenario. One of our activities in the workshops was to read a sentence that was given to us and then re phrase it using show not tell for example, The man was stressed to he sat into his office chair staring at the paper (credits to Cleo). For our DLO we had to write a short introduction to a story using a Pobble prompt. The three Pobble prompts we had to choose from were Into the WoodsThe Magic Library and Trapped. I choose Into the woods because I could have tons of different stories from that one picture. Then once we've chosen our prompt and wrote our short paragraph we had to highlight the parts in our story that have show not tell. 
Here is my Paragraph: Story

Thank you for reading my blog!
Have you every used a Pobble prompt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.