Pages

Monday 13 May 2019

How can we stand up to discrimination?

 Hi! Our PBL driving question this term is "How can we stand up to discrimination?".
I'll be answering some of our sub questions,



What is discrimination?
Discrimination is insulting other people by how they look or their gender. There are different types of discrimination but these are the most common types of discrimination racism, sexism, ableism and religious discrimination. 


What does it mean to speak up?
I think speaking up means that you don't just watch something happen but you so something or speak up for a person.


What does an up stander do?
A up stander is the opposite of a bystander. An up-stander stands up and does something about a situation instead of just watching the scene unfold.


What are stereotypes or bias?
Stereotypes are what people assume you do or look like based on your gender, race, abilities and religion.


What are the different types of discrimination?
These are the most common types of discrimination. Sexism (discriminating people by their gender), racism (discriminating people by their race and where they come from), ableism (discriminating people by what they can't do and their disabilities) and religious discrimination (discrimination people by their religion and their beliefs).


How do you think we can stand up to discrimination?


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.