Pages

Tuesday 24 September 2019

Can fish drown?

Hi everyone! A few weeks ago we got to choose a simple science experiment to do. We also got to choose who we worked with, so I chose on of my friends Arihia. Our science experiment was all about the layers of the ocean, but including our main topic we had a sub question, our sub question was Do fish drown? Our science experiment was pretty simple it was just making a replica of the layers of the ocean. So we got different liquids that layer on top of each other so we can make it look like the ocean. If you want to check out our science experiment here's the link for all the steps that we got from a website  The steps in this science experiment. After we had layered the liquids on we dropped a few little items in our jar that had different weights. We dropped in a toy bullet, a marble, a bolt and a bouncy ball to simulate fishes in the ocean. We learnt that Fish can drown because they live in their own separate layers and if they get pushed down to the wrong layer they will die because of the pressure and the salt that was contained in the water on that layer. 

Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you enjoyed!
Have you ever done this science experiment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.