Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2020

T2 W1 Writing

Hi everyone! We're back doing school work (at home of course). This week for my writing workshop our goal was "Use language that is appropriate to the topic and purpose." which means using the right words and sentence structures that fit in with what ever topic you are writing about lie biographies, poems, etc.  For our DLO (Digital Learning Object) we had to take a paragraph or two out of our biographies based on worthy New Zealanders, I choose Taika Waititi. Then we had to go on a google drawing that had a few examples of languages to use in a biography that were in boxes  with a specific colour. Then we had to make a new document with our paragraph/s in it, then we used the google drawing withe examples as a guide on what colour to highlight the sentence in like let's say the example was "Nouns are used as opposed to personal pronouns" in a blue box, then i would have to go to my biography and find a sentence or a phrase that relates to that topic. After that i have to highlight the text i found that relates to the example in blue because the box that it was in was blue. Then finally we had to add a comment on that sentence and or phrase about why we thought that language example was important to be put in a biography.  I only have a few examples that are in my biogrphy right now because my biography still need to get done so I used my introduction paragraph.

Here are the language examples that my group and I used as a guide: Example guide
This is my document with my paragraph and comments: Paragraphs and Comments

Thank you for reading my blog!
Do you think that these examples were important? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.